Do you have an eye for detail? Can you spot issues, problems, or anomalies pretty quickly? We are seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst Intern who will be responsible for delivering quality, well-tested software, apps, websites and custom marketing experiences. The ideal candidate has experience with industry standard QA tools. The analyst is expected to work with a team and to work independently with equal proficiency.
Want to be a rebel?
You will be doing work that matters to our business and operations and is critical to everything we hold dear. You won’t just be watching how things work, but rather you’ll need to impact our business at the points where it matters most. If our product isn’t up to the highest quality standards, we need you to tell us and help us make things better. In your specific role, you might be working on holistic systems or you could on a specific site’s operations.
You know this is the right place to work if:
- You want to work at an agency with project & initiative teams
- You think it would be cool to test diverse projects
- You are detail-oriented and a perfectionist
- You can trouble-shoot
Role involves analyzing and understanding project requirements, devising appropriate test strategies, developing high-level test scenarios to implement the strategy, elaborating scenarios into detailed test cases.
- Own the role throughout the project. This includes but is not limited to:
- Understanding requirements to write and execute tests (manual and automated)
- Monitoring testing progress
- Reporting statuses and logging defects
- Tracking defect fixes
- Choosing when and what to re-test
- Collaborating with team members, monitor project progress
- Incorporating schedule and scope changes,
- Shepherding the overall product to delivery, while being responsible for quality.
- Participate in test automation. Write manual tests with a view to automation, learn the automation tools in use, script automated tests, and extend the automation infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the business and development teams to produce requirements that are well-documented and clear.
- Maintain subject matter expertise for the systems under test and use that expertise to create, maintain, and extend the test case library.
- Participate in team process improvement. Understand our development life cycle, participate in its continuous improvement.
- Understanding of QA theory and methodology
- Experience with testing web sites and web pages, especially ecommerce (an asset)
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to organize work efficiently across multiple projects and responsibilities
- Works well under pressure to meet due dates
- Able to work with no or minimal supervision and willing to take the initiative
- Enthusiastic attitude, eager to continue growing and learning
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability