We’re seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst who will be responsible for delivering quality, well-tested software, apps, websites and custom marketing experiences. The ideal candidate has experience with industry standard QA tools. The analyst is expected to work with a team and to work independently with equal proficiency.
Role involves analyzing and understanding project requirements, devising appropriate test strategies, developing high-level test scenarios to implement the strategy, and elaborating scenarios into detailed test cases.
- Own the role throughout the project. This includes but is not limited to:
- Understanding requirements to write and execute tests (manual and automated)
- Monitoring testing progress
- Reporting statuses and logging defects
- Tracking defect fixes
- Choosing when and what to re-test
- Collaborating with team members, monitor project progress
- Incorporating schedule and scope changes
- Shepherding the overall product to delivery, while being responsible for quality
- Participating in test automation. Writing manual tests with a view to automation, learning the automation tools in use, scripting automated tests, and extending the automation infrastructure.
- Collaborating with the business and development teams to produce requirements that are well-documented and clear.
- Maintaining subject matter expertise for the systems under test and using that expertise to create, maintain, and extend the test case library.
- Participating in team process improvement. Understand our development life cycle, and participating in its continuous improvement.
- At least 5 years of Quality Assurance experience required
- Knowledge of QA theory and methodology
- Ability to define and execute different types of testing: functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability, portability (and others)
- Ability to define and execute different types of tests: integration, system, regression; positive, negative; performance, load, stress (and others)
- Expertise in exploratory testing; able to test a product in the absence of requirements
- Experience with testing web sites and web pages, especially ecommerce; knowledge of tools such as Selenium, Fiddler, Firebug, WAPT, etc.
- Experience with test automation, preferably beyond record/playback and scripting; knowledge of programming languages preferred
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to organize work efficiently across multiple projects and responsibilities
- Works well under pressure to meet due dates
- Able to work with no or minimal supervision and willing to take the initiative
- Enthusiastic attitude, eager to continue growing and learning
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
Location: Vancouver, Toronto