Idea Rebel – Toronto & Vancouver Digital Agency is looking for a Digital Designer.
We’re looking for Freelance Digital Designers with an eye for detail and the skills to craft award worthy, pixel-perfect digital products in a fast-paced & environment. Someone who is a self-motivated problem solver who isn’t shy about taking ownership of their work and is passionate about what they do. A deep understanding of typography, UI, illustration, photography, and digital culture is a must, along with a solid grasp of the possibilities of the modern and emerging tech.
You’ll be working within a small team, and reporting directly to the Creative Director, so being friendly, fun, enthusiastic, organized is essential. With that support, you’ll be directly responsible for the design a variety of and other digitally-led or digitally integrated experiences, from leading-edge web solutions, software, and mobile devices/applications to bespoke experiential interactions. To succeed you’ll need a strong understanding of UX and digital strategy. Conceptual skills would help you stand out, too.
- Working with the Creative Director and design team to create client-focused, creative design solutions, primarily in digital
- Craft visually compelling designs that align with the creative direction and brand guidelines, and also appeal to the specified audiences
- Designing mood boards, storyboards, and conceptual pitch material
- Designing UI guides, page layouts, site grids and interface demos for responsive web plu all content, functional, and navigation specifications (with guidance and oversight)
- Identifying opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience, based on user research (with guidance and oversight)
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and conceptual development
- Working with developers to ensure the quality of your projects through development
- Photo retouching and compositing skills would be a big plus
- Client presentation experience would be great too (or an eagerness to learn)
- Undergraduate degree in Design or related field or equivalent visual design experience required
- 2-3 years of industry experience
- Solid portfolio and a keen interest in digital (interactive/mobile/social) design
- Deep understanding of typography, illustration, photography, and culture
- Well versed in user-centred design methods and techniques
- Strong design, collaborative, and organizational skills, and great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Canadian resident / possess a work permit
- Excellent knowledge of macOS and the Adobe suite of creative tools
- Working knowledge of Sketch and InVision tools would be advantageous